Thursday, May 28, 2009

Vent.

I'm fucking FED UP.

Seriously, I'm sick and tired of how my Mom is STILL so goddamn overprotective. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my Mom to death and nothing would ever change that, but she really needs to lay off and give me a break!

I'm a Sophomore in college already! And I still have to get permission to do something, still have to call her to tell her everything I'm doing or where I'm going, blah blah blah. And if I don't fucking answer a phone call or two, she just freaks the fuck out and assumes I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be doing, or I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be.

Come on! Really?

That shit is so fricken Junior High/High School. I'm old enough and more than capable enough of handling myself and doing things on my own without constantly having to check in with her. I don't feel the need to lie to her anymore about where I am or who I'm with (which most of the time is Darby because all my other friends ever do now is drink, party, get high, and/or go clubbing)- nor do I lie about anything that has to do with any of that.

And even more ridiculous than that, is the fact that I hardly ever went out my entire freshman year of college. How fucking sad is that? But of course, a lot of it was my choice not to, so I though maybe she'd give me the benefit of the doubt and see that I'm choosing not to chill with people who do that kinda shit. And I guess, "save up" my going out time for the summer when Darby go home. But no, me going out is apparently a bad thing, even though she keeps telling me all I do is sit around at home and eat. Well, why the fuck do you think I'm trying to get out more and do more things outside of the house? So that I can stay active and not sit on my ass!

All this shit has been going on for waaaaaaay too long already. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of arguing with her over stupid shit, constantly having to justify everything to her, and tired of her not listening to anything I have to say. I'm sick of it, of being so sheltered and not being able to go out with my boyfriend or friends without her calling me every 30 mins. I just want her to fully and completely trust me and know that I'm not going to do anything that would put me in danger or anything like that. What hurts too, is that Darby is hurting because of the way my Mom acts. He feels like she doesn't trust him. Which hurts him, and in turn hurts me. But she claims she does trust us. It's just that she doesn't trust other people out there and is afraid of something bad happening to us. But it's not like we can just stay in the house our entire lives. I just want my space to do what I want, when I want.

So I'm STILL hoping and praying, she'll come around. SOON. And hopefully she'll hear me out when I try talking to her later. Ugh.

LATES!

2 comments:

  1. wow missy =[ i wish i could talk your mom out of it tooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya....my parents were totally strict too. Maybe that's why I got married at 21???

    ReplyDelete